Sunday, October 30, 2011

Some things.

No snappy blog post title today, sorry.

This weekend, Rudy and Leslie came to visit us from Duluth, to participate in Brian and Ben's Dirtbag Ride. Rudy and Brian had surprisingly dressed in a similar style:

Classy men, oh yes.

On Saturday, I got to go to some skiing thing in Mora. I'm not really into skiing, I was there just to hang out with the coolest baby boy I know, Aunders. He was decked out in a super-fly jersey to match his momma - what a pair!
Aunders has been the recipient of many knitted things, because he's just too damned cute! More evidence:
I knit him this pumpkin hat last Wednesday, and he fetchingly coordinated it with a handspun SW BFL sweater I knit before he was born. Such a handsome lil' guy!
So anyway, I hung out with Aunders and his momma Kyia for a couple of hours while she did her thing at the ski coaches' event. We had a great time! He is such a mellow, happy baby.
I also finished a pair of socks for my stepdad for Christmas last night. These are true proof that I am not a detail oriented knitter:

One sock is .5" longer than the other (thanks, handspun), and one sock has 1x1 rib at the cuff while the other has 2x2 rib. Classy. The yarn is Cloudlover SW Merino handspun in 2ply, in the color Morel. They turned out soft and beautiful despite some "design features!"

Now I'm working on my Christmas knitting list. With less than 2 months until the big gift day, I'm knitting furiously but may not be able to post many pictures of my progress. I'm also swatching for the Greenfield Cardigan from New England Knits for NaKniSweMo. So much to knit, so little time!

2 comments:

  1. I was just going to ask what sweater you were swatching for when I saw your post on FB. It's super cute! Very you. Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!!! Thanks for coming with us on Saturday! We loved having you! :0

    ReplyDelete