Monday, July 25, 2011

Kyia's Shower

On Saturday, a group of friends gathered to celebrate our friend Kyia and her baby-on-the-way, Aunders. Ever since Kris and Kyia told us they were expecting, I have been knitting like a crazy possessed person. I can't explain it, but I was seized with an overwhelming urge to coat every inch of this little growing baby with wool. Lots of wool. I've been posting pictures of things in progress as I've been knitting them, but it was an incredible moment to give all these little woolen treasures to Kyia. Here are some pictures - I think I (along with all of her other loved ones present at the shower) may have overwhelmed her just a wee bit! (Links go to Ravelry entries)
 Undercover blanket in Malabrigo Rios - Indiecita.
 SOCKTOPUS! Which will be the only one I will ever knit. The thing was putzy as hells! Lucky Aunders :)
 A handspun sweater of my own design, Bright Day sweater, knit in my own handspun superwash BFL from Spincerely Yours, in the color Bright Day. Our wedding colors!
 Baby Brights Tights in Knit Picks Stroll - Pine.
 A sweater of my own design, Aunders' Stripes, in Knit Picks CotLin.
And the legendary Baby Aunders Ski Sweater, knit in Dalegarn Baby Ull, pattern is 8101-4 Setesdal Baby/Children's Set.

Not pictured - Handspun baby sweater.

 I love this picture of Kyia and I, taken later that night...
It was such fun to knit for my friends and their baby on the way. Can't wait to meet him!

2 comments:

  1. I can understand overwhelming! What a stunning group of woolen lovelies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very stunning indeed! Thank You so very much my friend! You are amazing and such a lovely person! I am sure Aunders will LOVE every stitch of every sweater, socktopus and to add to it a premie hat!

    ReplyDelete