Saturday, February 5, 2011

Saturdayyyy Hodgepodge

Saturdays are funny days. Sometimes it seems like I have tons of stuff to do, other times I get here and think, "What am I going to do with myself?" Today is sort of in the middle. I slept in, watched some history channel and knit while drinking coffee, and went to a meeting with some rad chicks I know. Then I met my mom for lunch & went to the Y. Now I have a few hours to chill and hang out with Brian before going to a thing. (It's a surprise. Shh.)

I've been spinning again. I'd like to spin a little each evening I'm home, but it's hard when there's so many things I'd like to knit. Which is tough when I have so much freaking fiber. So in the interest of guilt-alleviation, I spun some yarn last week.
From this:


190 yards of 2-ply, worstedish weight. 

Here's quiz from The Yarnista's blog.

I Am…… incredibly passionate (and often over-excitable)
I Want…… my dream job to become permanent. You know what I'm sayin'?
I Should…… ummm, SPIN MORE?!?
I Wish…… that the last 7 pounds would come off already. Sheesh.
I Hate…… the patriarchy, how much energy I devote into disliking my archrival, cleaning anything, bananas and mushy foods, and when peeps ain't pickin' up what I'm puttin' down.
I Fear……. uncertainty sometimes, becoming generally disliked by everyone I know, and Sarah Palin followers.
I Hear…… Brian watching TV, the neighbor's dryer running.
I Search…… my brain for a reason why I'm getting so many headaches lately. I think I need more coffee. Yes, that's definitely the solution.
I Wonder…… when looking at a starlit night, who made all this?
I Regret……. very few things. Can't really think of anything right now. That I can post on the internet.
I Love……. Brian Husbeast Hotpants. Knitting. Social work. Public radio. COFFEE. My fambly. My life.
I Always…… match my handknit socks to my outfit.
I Usually…… read my mail in the bathroom. Brian just pointed this out to me the other day.
I Am Not…… interested in cleaning my house.
I Dance…… alone to YouTube videos. Teach me how to dougie?
I Sing……. less than I used to.
I Never……. drink alcohol, smoke cigarettes, drink soda, eat at McDonald's, or shop at Wal-Mart.
I Rarely…… miss any of those things.
I Cry…… thinking about how much I miss Pumpkin Pie Blizzards from the DQ.
I Am Not Always…… accurate, but frequently entertaining.
I Lose…… tape measures. What is with that?!?!
I’m Confused…… thinking about how to get over my deep distrust and anxiety about my archrival.
I Need……. 8.5 hours of sleep nightly, coffee, knitting, to go to Rhinebeck this year.
I Have…... the driest skin. Seriously, what the hell?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment