Sunday, May 1, 2011

Brownstone? Redstone. A Man's Sweater.

Hey, I knit Jared Flood's new pattern, Brownstone. I wanted something quick for my April sweater (for the 11 sweaters in 2011 challenge) since I was starting it a week into the month. This fit the bill perfectly, fast stockinette and no seaming. Started April 8, completed April 29.
I used Cascade 220 in Ruby from the stash. I bought the yarn over a year ago on discount, when I worked at Crafts Direct. Overall, this was an inexpensive knit. Including the pattern and buttons, I paid about $35.
 As you can see, the sweater is big on my. It's a man's sweater, and the only mod I made was to knit the size small sleeves on the medium body. I wish I would have done the small size all over, or knit the whole thing on smaller needles. Considering I didn't swatch, I'm not disappointed in the results.
This pattern uses short rows to raise the back, and so the length in back is a bit long on me, while being just-right in front after blocking. Sleeves are long as well. Considering I'm used to very fitted, very feminine knits, this is really different. It's a great sweater, and great pattern, and I'm glad I stepped out of my style comfort-zone to knit it.
 Next up... a commissioned sweater for May. Looks to be another quick knit, but I'll possibly have to maintain radio silence on it.

3 comments:

  1. Looks comfy! A great layering sweater for those really, really cold winter days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a snuggly choice for a cold day and the color is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those really cold winter days like May 1st - had to scrape snow off my windshield this morning. Shenanigans!

    ReplyDelete