Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Pirate Socks

In February, my knitting group got together for a pirate-themed party. There was themed food & decorative plates, pirate movies, and even costumes!

 Sisters Jessica (left) and Rachel - Love Jessica's rad shirt!

While I wasn't won over by Pirates of Penzance by the end of the day, I did have a great start on some socks in Knit Picks Imagination, "Pirate King" colorway. I decided to give them to my dad for his February birthday. As knitting often does, these socks sort of dragged on, and were finally gifted to dad last week. He already called me to tell me he fells like a pirate king!

Pattern is "Classy Slip-Up" from the book Knit Socks!, done over 72 stitches. This is a pattern I go back to again and again because it looks great in hand-painted yarn.

1 comment: