Sunday, January 23, 2011

In all directions

One of the things I love about knitting/fiber life is that there's so many dimensions, so many directions to take it in. In knitting alone, I've got a boring sock in my purse for working on in meetings, a quick-knitting par of fuzzy mittens for a friend, and a lovely sweater I'm making for myself.

Cheesy smile! It's the Anisette Cardi from Stitch Nation, in Stitch Nation Bamboo Ewe. I finished it last night, and will be button shopping today!

I've also been spinning, of course - another dimension of the fiber obsession. This new-to-me fiber, Masham, just came off the wheel as a single. Yardage unknown, because I'm lazy and haven't counted.



It's really a hairy fiber like Wensleydale, loooong stapled, coarser, and really different from my usual faves. The January offering of the Gritty Knits Merino braid of the month club arrived...

As did some lovely braids from Spincerely Yours, from Brian for Christmas. 



















With all this lovely fiber, it's hard to pick between spinning and knitting! I think I'll be bringing my Hitchhiker wheel when we go to Milwaukee later this week...

No comments:

Post a Comment