Tuesday, January 4, 2011

10 on Tuesday

10 Things You Wouldn’t Want to Live Without

1) My vegan cookbooks - Vegan with a Vengeance, the Veganomican, Appetite for Reduction, La Dolce Vegan. These humble tomes have drastically changed what I eat, and as a result, my life. I mean, I even eat kale now. 

2)  Ball winder and swift. If you're not a knitter, they're too difficult to explain. If you are a knitter, you know why they're priceless.

3) Knit Picks size 1.5, 24" circulars, in sets of twos. Perfect for sock knitting. (and yarn, of course - that goes without saying.)

4) The internet, specifically Ravely.com. I love you, baby.

5) My very best Good Earth Food Co-Op travel coffee mug. It's green, it's totally sealable, it's hand-shaped. Joy every morning. Also, coffee. Mmmm. Coffee.

6) Great sheets. My skin hurts all the freaking time because it's so dry, and soft, smooth, fluffy sheets make sleep tolerable.

7) Spinning fiber: pre-washed, pre-combed, pre-dyed. I hate cleaning ANYTHING, and if I had to raise my own sheep I just wouldn't spin, it's as simple as that.  

8)  Strong lighting. I need brightness and light in my life. I would have been a terrible pioneer.

9)  iPod, for working out at the gym. And my gym membership, I suppose.

10) I'm having a difficult time thinking of number 10. Hmm.... I guess my Old Navy sweatpants. They are my comfort uniform and I love them lots and lots. 

How about you?

5 comments:

  1. What about Brian? Is he number 11?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Kale!!! Even Kale with Peanut Butter....YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Silly Ben, Brian is not a thing. He is a human.

    And yes, I owe my new stance on kale-acceptance to Kyia! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well things are a noun as is a person which is human so I lump them together. Geez.

    ReplyDelete
  5. But Brian is a proper noun, which means he is different. Maybe I should make a list of 10 proper nouns I can't live without. Like Brian. And Lake Superior. Well, that's two, at least.

    ReplyDelete