Monday, October 25, 2010

Quick Supper

Okay, I wanted to make a quick supper when I got home from the Y today. So I made an easy favorite, the Chickpea Cutlets from The Veganomicon. I mashed up a cup of chickpeas in the food processor and added 1/2 cup each of wheat gluten and bread crumbs, as well as 1/4 cup of veggie broth and some soy sauce, hot sauce, and spices. I kneaded it all together and made 4 patties, baked at 375 for 25 minutes (flip after 15 minutes). I made some sauce using 2 Tbsp each of lite mayo & dairy-free sour cream and a few shakes of the AMAZING Fiesta mix my mother-in-law buys for me. I freaking love this stuff, its incredible. Like. Whoa.


I also threw some steak fries for Brian and some sweet potato spears for me on the Pizzaz. I toss my sweet potatoes in 2 tsp of olive oil, fresh cracked pepper, garlic salt and cumin. Yum. (FYI, I really love the Pizzaz, its super useful for all kinds of stuff, like veggie corndogs and nachos.)


So, here's a home-cooked vegan supper in about 30 minutes. I was able to write this blog post while everything baked, so it was really easy and hands-off. I should have really added some fresh veggies besides the sweet potatoes, but oh well. Clocks in at about 615 calories, according to my estimates based on calories from individual ingredients. Yes, I do the counts for every meal. Part of the weight loss thing. I lightened this up by using one slice of bread and skipping the ketchup - saving 100 calories. I could have saved more by skipping the sauce I made or making smaller chickpea cutlets. Its all about balance though, right? Mine on the left, Brian's on the right.


I also got some new fiber in the mail today from the Spunky Eclectic Fiber of the Month club.


4oz. of hand-painted targee wool in the colorway "Flannel". Love it!

Brian and I are going shopping for Halloween costume-making supplies tonight. I changed my mind again, but its going to be EPIC. I can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. Yum! I like to make Chickpea Burgers which look very similar to this.

    ReplyDelete